The iPad edition of "LockDown Browser" can be found on the Apple App Store. To use this on the iPad your instructor must allow this when they use Respondus LockDown Browser on the test.
To take a test on the iPad using Respondus LockDown Browser please follow these steps:
1. Download the "LockDown Browser" app from the Apple App Store to the iPad. (Requires iOS 11 or higher.)
2. Follow the instruction for your institution's learning system below.
Launch the LockDown Browser app, and the first time the app is used it will promt you to select your institution and server.
Once the setup is complete, you will be directed to your institution's login page. Log in with the correct credentials, navigate to your course and quiz, and begin your exam.
3. When you start a quiz that requires LockDown Browser, you should see the following message. you must click "yes" to open the LockDown Browser app.
If you do not see the above confirmation message, but rather see a message that says your instructor has not enabled the use of a tablet for your exam, you will need to use LockDown Browser on a Windows or Mac computer.
4. Once you click "Yes" to confirm "app self-lock,", you will see a message confirming that your iPad is now locked to LockDown Browser.
5. After you submit the exam, you'll see confirmation that your iPad is no longer locked to LockDown Browser.
6. You can now either take another exam, or exit the LockDown Browser app.
It's important that you don't start Apple's Guided Access feature (by triple clicking the home button) and then enter LockDown Browser. If you do, you'll see this warning message at the top of LockDown Browser.
You should immediately triple click the home button and exit Guided Access before proceeding with your exam. If you do not, you'll see this error message when trying to start your exam:
You can permanently disable Guided Access on your iPad by going to "settings" > "general" > "accessibility" > "guided access"